Gratitude Blog: Day 4 By: Helen Ruiz It’s finally Friday, and although I didn’t realize this fact until around noon, during my accounting class, I am very grateful that we are done through week 12! Only one more month left of this semester- yay!! Today, we got our exam scores back in my Principles of Marketing class, and I was very grateful that my 6+ hours of studying paid off to get me the score I deserved. What I don’t think I deserved very much was walking out of the business building into very icy snow hitting my face. I’m not a big fan of the cold, so this was a not-so-great characteristic of today. Nevertheless, it was something I could deal with. As a first-year mentor, I have to spend a certain amount of money for students in my class. Another FYM and I created an event together. For our get-together, we decided to have Bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes. When we went to pick them up, we ended up treating ourselves to our own mini-Bundt . I am so grateful we...
First thing's first: DON'T SKIP LEG DAY. PITCHERS USE THEIR LEGS. Much like my blog about upper body lifting, I divide these lifts up into Power and Speed days, with workouts provided by Bill Miller (@billmillertraining on IG). I'll set up a template leg day workout I plan on using soon, both a Power and Speed workout. Again, Power days are about moving ad controlling heavy weight, while Speed days are about moving as fast as possible with the help of a bar sensor. It's important to note that I don't believe pitchers should wear belts, as the spine needs to be as rotational as possible while pitching. If that's the case, it makes no sense to limit spinal mobility while lifting. Template Power Day: EMPHASIZE MOBILITY Plyometric Warmup Jumps DB Vertical Jumps 4x3 DB Contrast Split Stance Jumps 4x3 DB Skater Jumps 4x3 SSB Reverse Lunges 5x4/leg DB Forward Lunges 5x5/leg DB Lateral Squats 3x8 Template Speed Day: EMPHASIZE MOBILITY Plyometric Warmup Jumps DB Vertic...
Gratitude Blog: Thanksgiving Break By: Helen Ruiz Thanksgiving break is the time of year in which everyone expresses their gratitude towards a variety of people, places, and things in their lives. Thanksgiving is one of my top two favorite holidays (along with Christmas of course) and I am thankful I got to celebrate with my family. I helped make an Ambrosia fruit salad for dessert, since not everyone in my family is a fan of pumpkin pie. Ambrosia Fruit Salad Recipe | Allrecipes I love shopping, so I am grateful Black Friday is a thing, which is just another excuse for me to buy things for myself and others. I refused to go shopping in stores because that would’ve been chaos. Therefore, I did some online shopping Friday morning. I got some Christmas gifts, clothes, jewelry, and a bunch of shoes. My bank account hurt a bit but that’s okay. Consequently, I am also very thankful for my job. Above all, I am grateful we got amazing food for lunch on Friday. We had a full b...
Comments
Post a Comment